Places to see and things
to do ~
- From your bedroom/lounge or balcony:
You can watch the beach, see Table Mountain, and the sea,
as well as dolphins and whales, and the parasailers.
- Surfing, Parasailing, Wetbikes and Rubberducks.
Parasailing is done 500 m away.
Wetbikes and Rubberduck 1 km away
Surfing: 3 km away at Big Bay - one of the most famous beaches
for windsurfing and surfing in Cape Town.
Windsurfari and rentals - 082 449 9819
Quadbikes: at Langebaan on the West Coast - an hour's drive
Jet ski rentals and jet ski schooling - call 021 - 426 5051
or 083 655 2266
Whalewatching - an hour's drive - (see
- Cable Car: Table Mountain can be viewed from above - you
can either walk up or travel by Cable Car.
- Wine routes: Durbanville 20 km and Paarl 60 km - as well
as Constantia near the Cape Town City centre.
- Blaauwberg information centre: 021 - 426 4260
- Restaurants: - well known
1.1.Onse Huisie 5 km away
1.2 On The Rocks - 5 km away
1.3 Blue Peter Restaurant - 5 km away
Melkbosskerm Outdoor Seafood Restaurant, 10 km away in Melkbosstrand
- Family Restaurants:
1.2 Grill and Butcher
1.3 Ocean Basket
1.4 St Elmo's
1.5 Prima Piatti
1.6 Lots more within walking distance
1.1 THE BAYSIDE SHOPPING CENTRE and PICK AND PAY SHOPPING
CENTRE is within 2 km. There you will find Movie theatres,
Restaurants and all the mayor stores, for example, Woolworths,
Pick and Pay, Shoprite, Mr Price, Truworths, Edgars, CNA,
Clicks, Sportshops and lots more.
1.2 CANAL WALK CENTURY CITY (10 km) away - The biggest shopping
centre in South Africa. Also houses the MTN Science Centre
which is a must for children and 16 movie theatres. The
Great Escape is a huge entertainment centre with laser bowling,
1.3 TYGERVALLEY SHOPPING CENTRE (15 km) away - This is also
one of the biggest shopping centres - with indoor Putt-Putt
course, movies, etc.
- Entertainment for the whole family: 10 km Next to Canal
RATANGA JUNCTION AMUSEMENT AREA/THEME PARK
1.1 Cobra roller coaster
1.4 Live entertainment
1.5 RIDES YOU ONLY DREAMT OF call 550 8500 (021) for details
- VIRGIN ACTIVE GYM (2km) away (see WEB-links
- CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - 15 km away
- HERMANUS: 120 km away
A trip to Hermanus is an ideal getaway for the not so good
weather days. Whalewatching can be done, especially around
August to October. (see
- Killarney racetrack is the oldest motorsport complex in
South Africa - it has facilities for various racing car
activities - call 021 - 557 1639 for details.
- Kitesurfing - 082 449 9819